Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wilamette Valley Vineyards 2007 Signature Cuvee


Long overdue post! I tasted this wine with a dear friend of mine and we just absolutely loved it. We didn't really feel much like talking about it or making notes, we just wanted to drink it, which is the best compliment I think I could pay a wine. I find that at least for me, the more I like a wine, the less I have to say. It is far easier for me to dissect a wine that is just okay or even downright bad.

I did manage to scratch down a few notes:

Lovely, subtle, old-world style pinot.
Transluscent garnet-red color with a gorgeous medium body and beautiful mouthfeel. I won't go so far as to say luscious, because it isn't that fat, but silky might work. Notes of violet, tobacco. Slightly herbaceous in a very good way. Nice tannins and vibrant acidity. I'd even say you could hold onto this one a little longer, but quite delicious right now. I'd be comfortable pairing it with mild to medium-savory foods.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I follow you on Twitter and just made it to over your blog - cool Ophelia pic! Love to discuss wine & I just signed up to follow you. Stop by and visit sometime at www.stephaniesavorsthemoment.com. Look forward to your next post - cheers!

    ReplyDelete