Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Perfect Summer Red - Lieb Cellars - 2008 Bridge Lane Cabernet Franc




MASSIVELY HUGE DISCLAIMER:  

I WORK FOR LIEB CELLARS. I BOUGHT THIS WINE FOR MYSELF. 
I REALLY LIKE IT.

Ok. I feel better now, don't you?

So. I've been hanging out in the tasting room lately so I can meet as many of my FABULOUS!! wine club members as possible and to show off our yummy wines to our throngs (and I mean throngs) of admirers. I've been pouring a LOT of our wine. 


A  L O T! 

lot |lät|
pronoun ( a lot or lots) informal
a large number or amount; a great deal : there are a lot of actors in the cast | they took a lot of abuse | a lot can happen in eight months | we had lots of fun.

adverb ( a lot or lots) informal
a great deal; much : my life is a lot better now | he played tennis a lot last year | thanks a lot | I feel a whole lot better.


One of my favorite wines right now is (as you might have already guessed) Lieb Cellars 2008 Bridge Lane Cabernet Franc There is serious cherry on the nose along with a lovely spice aroma and subtle hints of tobacco. On the palate it is cherries and spice and everything nice. That's what cab franc is made of. That and a really beautiful floral quality that lingers on the finish. Great acidity and present, but not overwhelming tannins. I'd definitely serve this wine just above cave temperature especially in hot weather because it can feel flabby and hot in the mouth if it's too warm. 

CHILL IT DOWN A TEENSY BIT. Don't be scared. It's oooookaaaaaaaay. Besides... you'll thank me.

Enjoy!

Wine Ophelia
aka
Raelinn Doty

No comments:

Post a Comment